Sunday, February 13, 2011

You know you're an old goat when you start your sentences like, "Remember ten years ago when.."

...we used to dance to the Spice Girls?" Mish and Hina! I never thought I'd meet these freaks after ten years! the last time we met, we were probably in the 6th grade; pudgy (at least, I was. Mish lost all that baby fat back in 5th grade) plus facial hair and all.
Lunch was a memorable affair; it was as if a break for as long as ten years had never occurred. Who knew a couple of skinny girls I knew from a hundred years ago would have this effect on me that I even forget about Mitch J's match?! Maybe, I'm going soft. It must be the sticky-velvety-red crap all over the TV-gimmick. Even Hina pointing to the screen letting me know a match was on couldn't distract me from this meet up.

Ten minutes after we meet:
Mish: *frowning heavily*
Me: What's wrong?
Mish: I'm not sure what I should order...
Me: You meet me after ten years and you're worried about what food you're going to eat!?

Me to Hina: I love your eyebrows...especially this one!

We laughed so hard and talked to loudly that I really think Arizona isn't ever going to let me or any of my friends in ever (they've told me to quiet down on a different, earlier occasion with a different bunch of friends) Everyone should do this after ten years with their old, best friends.


Anyway, also just watched Imran Khan's final analysis on the Pakistan team. The man really knows what he's talking about. What I fail to understand is why someone of his experience, insight and talent is not being used by the PCB to help put together a better team?! We really know how to waste the resources available to us. The WC should start already; my tummy hurts, I can't wait anymore! I don't even see the team jerseys being sold yet..where's the jazbah, Pakistan?! (although I also fancy a yellow Mitch J jersey too :D)


3 comments:

  1. i've only been to Arizona Grill once in my life :O it was intimidating.
    i recently met a friend after 8 years. but since i'm not even 17 i suppose that doesn't count as feeling like an old goat :P
    the Pakistan Team supporter in me has yet to awaken. but it might, since the men in my house (brother and grandfather) will most probably be watching cricket. does Imran Khan still do politicky stuff? he should quit it and focus his, uh, awesome self to cricket full time.
    BTW. saw your blogger profile picture. YOU'RE SO PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks,I love you. You are such a teenager! You remind me of the Beatles song 'Saw her standing there' The first line goes something like, "She was just seventeen..you know what I mean"
    I'm not that old..early twenties but still, I can start sentences with, "Remember ten years ago when we watched the first season of American Idol?" :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha okay. i'm flattered. :D
    i know you're not that old, you don't look it.
    you're so into sports! that's so cool. there was only one thing remotely sport-y that i used to adore, and that was WWE. i still watch it sometimes. but i was crazy over it when i was little. like from ages 5 through 12.
    and i don't know why, but i feel like commenting long-long whenever i'm here. i should just shut up and go before i start rambling. :D post soon!

    ReplyDelete