Monday, May 9, 2011

A month later.

I realize it's almost been a month since my last post and I miss writing here. It's the only place I can say whatever the hell I want to without really caring about what someone on the receiving end will say - not that I'd normally ever care what anyone would say. As long as I get my word in. 

The past month has been pale compared to the previous WC months (Pakistan's tour of West Indies is terribly boring) so not much cricket for the time being. Also, I was a little worried about the IELTS exam - mainly because the practice material had been lying with me for weeks and I hadn't even touched the stuff. So it left me with some nervous tummy aches (and farts) and just the overall apprehension before an exam. I looked through the material just the night before and practiced the listening section hours before at a friend's. Time management is important - specially during the reading section. Anyway, the exam was fine. My favorite part was the writing section where the topic was music - I couldn't have asked for a more comfortable topic to write on. I might've enjoyed that. Okay. I enjoyed it a lot. There. I'm an IELTS nerd. 

Gyming  has been reduced to three or four days a week - somehow, even though I am doing absolutely nothing these days, I end up not being home. Through no fault of my own..and end up missing the gym. It really is a terrible feeling; the feeling of guilt. I am going to try to be as regular as i was before that is 5-6 days a week. Also, if my mom would have it her way, she wouldn't let me go at all. Usually I rush out of sight and out the door with her yelling in the background along the lines of: "Shakal dekho apni! kitni dubli ho gayi ho bus ker do ab!" I don't know why but moms seem to be on this mission bestowed upon them by God to feed their daughters parathas, pooris, halwas, naans and everything else that makes you gain 800 calories after you're done eating it. But, my mom is awesome. She is more like a close friend who I can share almost anything with. I've seen some mother-daughter relationships where daughters aren't comfortable enough to share stuff with their moms - which is such a shame. When I'm confused - she'll say out loud how I really feel and I'll realize that she's right. Also, I gossip with my mom about people I know..my sister finds it weird but it's a blast really. There are few people who I really open up to and mom probably tops that list.

I've been working on this short story..but I've been if-y about whether or not I'd share it - but oh well who cares I think I will. I hope I keep myself committed to this thing and keep blogging.



3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Hibernating ILETS nerd.
    And why on earth you want to get dubli? Fats is goood,it's a good insulator.And a fat person is more unlikely to have fatal wound in blast or fire,if you know what I mean.
    JK.Cheers.I'm waiting for that STORY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STORY IS WHAT YOU MUST PUBLISH.
    I LIKE STORIES OM NOM NOM N-
    okay so i missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Hamza, I did NOT know that..thank you for the info :P

    Hahah Furree, you are so cute! I missed reading about your very teenage life..I'm gonna catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete