Friday, November 11, 2011

Life is a cup of bad coffee.

Sometimes I feel like I have so much to say that when I get to it, I'll really let them have it but when I actually get to it, I decide I really don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said fifty thousand times before. Will fifty thousand and one times really make a difference? Right, thought so.

As you go through life, you learn a lot of things - and unlearn a lot too. One of these is that silence is necessary - especially when you're being pressured to speak out for various reasons. One of the most common will be to get a reaction out of you. I, two years ago, would have probably done exactly that - react loudly. But, like I said, you grow up - sometimes in a couple of weeks. Or maybe it takes you as many as 730 days to wake up and smell the coffee. But after 730 days, you know for sure that it smells bad and that's not how you want it. At least you know that much beyond any doubt. Still, knowing something is bad for you provides little comfort doesn't it? What do you do next? You're used to the bad coffee for so long, draining it into the sink will require some strength - besides lots of other things.

The best you can do is drain it away and throw away anything associated with it. If it wanted revenge for being drained away, the way it made you feel would probably be revenge enough.The coffee will never know, but it has affected you in ways it can't even imagine.  How can it? It's not real. It doesn't feel. It doesn't have a heart. It's just lying there waiting to be used by someone else. And used it will be.

You will try to forget and one day, maybe you will forget. But you will never forgive the bad taste it left in your mouth.

4 comments: