Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wake up, cricket, gym, sleep. Repeat.

I'm losing m voice completely - thanks to the horrible cough and flu and of course, the World Cup. Been wanting to post since the past three matches but haven't had the time! My schedule's been something like this: Wake up, watch match, gym, sleep. Repeat. But can I just sum up these past few matches as WHAT?!
Who the hell is Kevin O Brian?! All that comes to my mind is maybe some distant relative of some comedian on TV? But no, this guy just appears out of no where from a country that's famous for - wait - what are the Irish famous for in relation to cricket? Nothing or no one I can recall (I'm conveniently choosing to ignore our loss to this nobody of a team in the previous World Cup ['cause I can! It's my blog so boo you!]) That's right. Ireland gave us The Corrs but no significant contribution to cricket. And yet, this guy makes the fastest century in World Cup history. WHAT?! The dude had pink hair and no eyelashes for crying out loud.

I, like the rest of the cricket fans (all except the English of course) enjoyed every moment of this match. The winning moment was one of those memorable ones that you have to watch live - Irish fans shed tears and I couldn't help but be slightly teary eyed myself. Everybody in this part of the world celebrated with the platinum blonde boys of Ireland.

Canada had Pakistan sweating a bit too. Our total was not as high as it should've been..should've been 300 at least. Anyway, thanks to the bowling genius of Shahid Afridi, our butts were saved. He looked incredibly hot while bowling..actually thinking about him makes me laugh; the man is a drama queen! His victory stance was so intense; his eyes were bulging out of his sockets and it was like he was communicating with God. Haha. In the end, Pakistan took this one home and sent Canada back home.
Cricket is such an amazing thing. The same supporters who were egging England on the India-England match were chanting 'GO IRELAND' during the Ire-Eng match. We'll support anyone as long as it means slimmer chances for our competition. Plus, who doesn't love your regular World Cup upset? 

So India vs. England. Big teams and a big match. India, as expected, batted into the 300's. After the Indian innings, I thought it may be close but India will take this one home. Also, I noticed Broad return to bowl (If I'm correct he sat the previous matches out...he sat the Ireland match out too and I wondered why since he's one of the only pacers Eng has) 
Also, I think Collingwood needs to be added to the Top 10 Hottest Cricketers of today post. He looks like Arthur Weasley but read: a hotter Arthur Weasley.

This was a nail biting match and to every Pakistani's delight, England ruined the Indian Army's party from under their very noses! So, they didn't win. Big deal but they drew which is a big deal too since India had again made a total as huge as Shoaib Akhtar's behind. 

Here, I would like to quote the best joke I have heard in a long time: "Hum to 184 runs bana ke bhi jeet gaye, Faraz. Koi beghairat aise bhi hai jo 338 ker ke bhi nai jeetey" 

I was looking forward to yesterdays match between Aus and Lanka. Sadly, play was abandoned due to rain but Aus was already slaying Lanka from what one could see. I was so looking forward to seeing more of Mitch J..he only bowled a couple of overs. And why have all the men chopped off their locks?! Excuse me, but it can't be THAT hot! I liked him so much better with his slightly spikier hair. Thankfully, Watson still has his hair and he looked super hot (how broad is his chest?!)
Let's pray that we crush the Kiwis tomorrow! We've already won the last series against the Kiwis and they're sort of on a losing streak anyway. Really want to see Afridi make that sour looking Vettori even more sour :D Ooh and must not forget to mention a World Cup first: Chicken dance by Irish bowler after taking Sehwag's wicket! All I have to say: My sentiments exactly. Good night.

Just something I made :D We heart Younis




3 comments:

  1. brilliant. you need to get on twitter and share the rest of the gems from your picture library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha hey! I made an account there once but it looked so complicated (as all such things do in the beginning) that I just let it be..my cousin's been after me though, to get started there. So maybee soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet he stinks like steely sweat :P

    ReplyDelete